General FAQs

Do you accept insurance?

Yes, We accept all Insurance companies and will assist you throughout the claim process and make your service as convenient as possible. If you have a deductible, payments can be made by cash, check, debit or credit cards.

Does comprehensive glass coverage only cover my windshield?

No. If you have comprehensive glass coverage your insurance will pay for damage to any piece of automobile glass; side windows, sun or moon roofs, and even your mirrors!

Will insurance cover a repair?

Most insurance companies do cover repairs and will often waive any deductible.

Where should I get my windshield replaced?

Whether it’s done on the road, your home, workplace or in our shop, your windshield replacement will meet all safety standards. Customers can also bring their vehicle into our climate controlled shop.

How do I get an estimate?

We need to know the specifics of your needs in order to provide anything more than a ballpark guess, we’ll send a technician to assess the job and quote it free of charge.

Do you charge for mobile service?

No. There is no extra charge for mobile service. We offer this as a convenience to our customers.

How large of a crack in my windshield can you repair?

Our equipment is capable of stopping a crack up to 3” with a 99% success rate.

What causes condensation in my windows and can it be fixed?

Double pane, triple pane, or insulated glass are made up of multiple panes of glass that are sealed around the edges to create an isolated chamber. If the seal is broken due to glass breakage or the seal wearing out water and dust will slowly get inside the unit. If water is present condensation will ultimately form inside the unit. In most cases, the glass can be replaced without disturbing the window frame. However, the complete glass unit musty be replaced in order to ensure a proper seal.

What is the difference between tempered and annealed glass?

Annealed glass, sometimes called standard glass, is slowly cooled to relieve any internal stresses. It can then be cut, shaped, and modified. When annealed glass breaks it usually does so in long, sharp pieces. It is generally used when cost is more important than safety or strength. Tempered glass is several times stronger than annealed glass, but when it does break it creates many small pieces that decrease the likelihood of injury. Tempered glass is required in and around doorways, along the floor, and in areas where falls are more likely such as baths and showers. Tempered glass is also used in vehicles except for the windshield.

Will you tint the windows in my home?

No, and we suggest you don’t either. Placing a tinted film on the interior pane of an insulated glass unit will cause the air between the panes to heat up, expand, and break the glass. We suggest you replace the glass with tinted glass or install solar screens on the exterior of the windows.

I have a window with two pieces of glass and only one is broken, can I just replace the one pane?

No. Double pane, triple pane, or insulated glass are made up of multiple panes of glass that are sealed around the edges to create an isolated chamber. The static air between the glass creates a significant barrier between the interior and exterior of the window which creates the energy efficiency of insulated glass. A sealed unit must be fabricated in a special facility in order to ensure the chamber is clean and properly sealed.